I’m a Young Adult novelist and nonfiction author, as well as a freelance journalist, copywriter, blogger, and translator. I also write TV pilots, essays, tweets, grocery lists, and imaginary Oscar acceptance speeches.
I write in French and English, mostly because I can, and also because impossible is the same word in both languages. J’écris en français et en anglais parce que je le peux, mais aussi parce que “impossible” se dit pareil dans les deux langues. See, I just did it.
I’m French, born and raised. Yes, really. I’ve spent the last 14 years living around the world, first in Amsterdam, then in Melbourne, and I’ve now been in New York City since 2011.
A few career highlights:
- I’ve published 17 books with Fleurus Éditions, a large publisher in France. My YA novel series, Journal de Los Angeles, has sold tens of thousands of copies. My nonfiction books have been translated into Russian, Czech, Italian, Portuguese, and Hungarian.
- I’ve also worked as an online counselor for Fleurus’ teen audience, answering thousands of email queries about love, friendship, fashion, beauty, health… I read things I can never unread, but also gained invaluable insights into the teen mind.
- My one-hour TV pilot Fashion High was a semifinalist in the Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition.
- My first writing job was as a freelance journalist for a local newspaper while I was in college (or university, as my people call it). I covered cultural events and took accompanying pictures with a film camera, which is not to say that I’m old, just very wise and experienced.
- I’m currently under contract to write a YA novel for a US publisher. (More details to come.)
- My writing has appeared in Womens Health Mag, Refinery 29, Yahoo Style, Yahoo Travel, among others.
- I work as a copywriter for select clients, mostly in fashion and travel, including Chandelier Creative and Atelier Doré. I can come up with 27 captions about bikinis in under a minute. More if I can get a discount on said bikinis.
- My first career was in advertising in Amsterdam and Melbourne. I managed accounts in consumer electronics, fashion and FMCG and worked for Strawberry Frog, Badjar Ogilvy, and other well-known international advertising agencies. Fore more on the advertising industry, I recommend watching a documentary called Mad Men.
My complete resume is available on request. I have permanent work permits in Europe, Australia and the USA (I’m a green-card holder).